Class Site

This is a blog for a college Composition Class nothing more.

Monday, March 31, 2014

Oreo Balls- Free Write

My family does not really have any traditions when it comes to food but my mom and sister try to make Oreo balls around Christmas. The kitchen does not have enough room for all of the family to sit and help roll the balls plus I do not like to cook in the slightest so I don't not help them. I don't have any good stories to tell about any of the foods we make because I am not involved in cooking at all. I stay out of the way of my dad and sister when they cook because our kitchen is basically a hallway with appliances and cabinets in it. I do know how they make the Oreo balls because it is pretty simple. You start by blending up a pack of double stuffed Oreo till they are just powder. Then you add in cream cheese and blend till all the cream cheese is mixed evenly. Next you take a cookie sheet and line it with none-stick paper and start rolling the batter into roughly ping-pong sized balls. After that you put the cookie sheets into the freezer for a day or two so they can harden. After the time in the freezer then you take them and dip them into melted white almond bark,which makes the whole house smell amazing for a couple of days, and put them back on the cookie sheet then into the freezer again for another day or two. Once the chocolate has hardened you take them of the cookie sheet and store them in a container with a lid and store them in the fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment